Comments

On holiday, feeling bored so I decided to check out future events at the Hydro, Glasgow. Soooooooooooooooo excited, just found out that one of my favourite groups are playing there next year and I managed to bag a couple of the last remaining 10 tickets.

The tickets were expensive but I could just about afford to buy them because I havent gambled for 3 months. Feels like I’ve been rewarded for not gambling.

I’ll try and calm down! Lol

Something somebody said on another forum that got me thinking.

If gambling addiction is on the rise why aren’t they coming through the doors of places like Gamcare, Rethink in their droves. There isn’t a lot of places to seek support, and yet neither forum has a huge number of regular posters.

I suspect there has been an increase in female problem gamblers due to online gambling but how big a problem has it become overall … who knows?

I guess with the introduction of fobts and online, gamblers can lose large sums of money in a very short period of time, as someone said you can quite literally lose your home, sitting gambling in your home.

For me who visits the other forums regularly and of course I too have lost a life changing amount of money it is the obscene amounts of money that people can lose within hours if not minutes that is frightening. Your life savings gone in a moment of madness.

KIGF

Gambling addiction …. the next epidemic. This statement has been branded about a lot over the past few years but where are they, all these problem gamblers? I could name the regulars on this forum, Gamcare and the GC from memory.

There probably has been an increase in the number of problem gamblers but is it being over exaggerated.

John

Hello Joenne and everybody

I still gamble free. i very happy Joenne about you gambling free days i sorry for calling you boreing stuoid women. joenneu work hard at being gamble free women.

Go easy tiger, it cost me a lot of money to become this pathetic, silly, woman! It sure didn’t come cheap.

KIGF ;)

John

Hi jane i am very glad obout you gambling free keep it up.hope everbody that use to be on this is still gambling free no you fat ugly joenne

Cruel man, cruel. Absolutely gutted.

91 gf. Good night.

Joanne :(

john

Joenne no body care if youre upset, plz piss of an leave this site, u fat piss of plz. Boreing stuoid women

John

You cam make 300000 days gambling free joanne nobody cares what you do you wasteing you time siily fat joeanne go and piss you self

Message received and understood. :( :'( :'(

I’m sobbing me little heart out :,(

I’m ♥️ broken. :(

Chris

You pathetic silly woman

3 months gamble free!

I’m aiming to be one year gf so that’s the first quarter complete. I feel better equipped this time around to reach my target. Every available safety net is in place. Although boredom was mainly the driving force behind my gambling, I learned from my last relapse that I can also turn to gambling at times of stress so I keep this in mind.

Life does feel pretty ‘flat’, no longer those feelings of excitement and anticipation just before a gambling session, opening the laptop, signing in, depositing a few hundred quid, not knowing how it would play out. Of course over time I knew exactly how it would play out, I would keep pressing that button until I eventually ran out of money. I’ll settle for ‘flat’ because the upside being that when I log into my bank account I’m no longer met with the carnage that resulted from a gambling session. When urges come along I just tell myself there’s no point in following them through, no win could ever satisfy me, I can’t win because I can’t stop.

Got a few days holiday followed by a stint of jury service (not looking forward to that) and then things will start picking up again at work, end of year celebrations etc.

It would be good to hear how others are faring.

Keep it gamble free! ;)

89.

KIGF!

INFO.TEE

Hello,
You are welcome to Tee Blank ATM card, We sell blank ATM cards with pin of any amount. They works worldwide in any ATM. Label VISA and MasterCard. contact us for more information if you are interested instead of taking a loan:
Email: info.teeblankatmcard@gmail.com

Almost 23 weeks for me now. Another 2 weeks to add to my tally since my last post. Really happy with my progress. Urges don’t seem to go away for long, they just seem to be less invasive. I can deal with them when they come. In the past, when I’ve been struggling, I have searched out sites to see if I can bet with them, and if I got through, my mind would rush for a moment, before panic set in, and I would self exclude. Part of me still wants to know I can gamble should I want to, and the other part wants to immediately shut that opportunity down. It’s such a conflict going on inside but I feel that the non gambler in me has more control now. The feeling I got when I see my name on a newly made account was both exhilarating and petrifying all at the same time. I just know that I cannot allow that part of me to be free because it is too destructive and I am glad of all the safety nets I have in place to keep control. Most importantly, I now have no access to credit which has been my undoing in the past. I also keep only what I need in the bank and use the rest to pay off bills as soon as money goes in. I also have full support at home which has made such a difference. If I’m struggling, I say so and the net tightens. I don’t sneak off anymore and self destruct. I am trying hard to work with myself, not against myself.

No matter how long you go, the fight will still be there. The battle is never won, it’s just a little victory every day you don’t gamble. The hardest part for me now, is filling my time with things worthwhile, accepting a slower pace, and getting that part of my life back that I surrendered to gambling. Everything feels sleepy and sedate without gambling, and it’s easy to use the word boring, but I know that what I am really experiencing is much needed stability. It is hard for me as a non gambler to embrace normality since I took up gambling in the first place to escape the routine but I also know that normality is exactly what I need and crave.

As I once read, gambling is a sure way of getting nothing for something which is ironic given that gambling sells itself on the idea of getting something for nothing.
All best to you all.
159 days. Still keeping it a good day.

87.

86 days gf.

5 days alcohol free

5 days detox… no junk food / confectionery until Xmas.

BORING :(

85.

84.

Days seem to be dragging, maybe it’s the jitters, aiming to beat my pb of 85 days gf on Friday and then hopefully on to 100.

Keep going folks ….

83.

Day 48

82.

81.

*** ;) ** ;) ** 80 ** ;) ** ;) ***

That’s better, always the perfectionist!

Back to work.

******* * * ;) ** ;) ** 80 ** ;) ** ;) *******

I think it’s only me that’s left .

79!

Maybe I should put up a poster …

************ WANTED *************

GAMBLING ADDICTS

Do you have a story to tell, lookin’ for
support, feel free to contact us,

********* ALL WELCOME *************

Light-hearted humour, (although gotta feeling Timmy’s might tear me to shreds!)

On second thoughts, I apologise for the above post. I realise that some people may be feeling low because of this addiction and that was insensitive.

I’m an idiot, I apologise. My trouble is that despite everything I always feel happy and that makes me insensitive to others who may be experiencing completely different emotions.

I think I’ll ban myself.

PK

Shut up you freak

I’ve been missing my Friday insults … normal service resumed? ;) lol

Jon B

how do i contact you? I would like to share my story of grief and heartache

Marc

I’m back! Joanne, how the devil are you?

All good, now that you’re back! You got me heart racin’.

Pretty much on my own in here, more trolls than addicts, it’s like troll paradise! Could do with some more folk coming through the door again.

I’ve been very faithful to you, *cough cough* .

How’s about that affair you kept promising me? ;)

Day 78! I think.

I was only joking! It would be great to see some more folk counting their days, being focused on their recovery on the forum.

Back laters to check in.

KIGF ;)

Have a great Saturday.

78!

Loser

Stop mentioning me, I have no wish to communicate with you further.