Comments

Timmy

New people won’t post because you are one annoying bitch making all the comments boring and never bring anything useful to the site you just reply to yourself. If you want people to post just stop posting and go away. You have no life because any person that has family, friends and a job would not waste time like you posting shit on a dead site.

Timmy, you’re breakin’ my heart! :(

For me personally (just my view, I’m quite sure some of you may take a different stance) the forum would have been stronger if there had been less nattering on the forum and it had been more focused on gambling and recovery.( Im not excusing myself, I probably did my share! )

I dont think we needed to know about other areas of people’s lives, eg their kids, family, unrelated health issues, personal things, religious beliefs, etc.

For me and Im not saying this because I was always his number one fan but the best person on the forum was Mr Loser. He always kept the focus on gambling and he pretty much kept his private life out of it. He was good at giving out advice and always there to give someone a kick up the backside when they needed it. For example . the time when he gave us all a good rollicking for not putting measures in place! He didnt tell people how they should think or feel, everyone feels differently about their gambling.

I think in order for a forum like this to survive there has to be the right balance of keeping it gamble related and things not getting too personal.

The forum got too personal and that may have been the reason not many new people came to tell their story or if they did, they didn’t stick around. Too much unnecessary chat when the focus should have been on people counting their days etc. In order for a forum to survive, it needs new blood, new people coming through its doors.

Just my take, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I often get accused in here for being some sad , lonely cow. I’m not, I don’t write about my personal life in detail for the reasons I have outlined above and because I doubt anyone’s interested in what’s going on in my private life.

I just come here everyday and record my gf days because it helps me remain focused and as you can see it’s working for me!

Stop accusing me of being on benefits and being a sad lonely cow, I’m neither. It’s seriously pissing me off.

Maybe some of you should start recording your own gf days, on the forum, you may find it helpful.

I used to always joke to Loser that the moderators of this forum stopped moderating it because even they got fed up of reading it. Joke, no offence intended.

KIGF ;)

Day 77.

On Friday I get paid, my third wage packet since I started my day count.(I get paid every 4 weeks) After living costs I ‘ve got the surplus in my bank account instead of pouring it down a slot machine like I used to do.

I think it just became a habit for me, pay day would come around and I would quite literally pay all my bills/direct debits etc and just pour the rest down a f*****g pokie until I ran out of money. Rinse and repeat the next pay day.

It feels good that my bank balance is growing instead of those greedy b*****d’s getting their hands on it.

Seth

Joanne you still bring up people that haven’t posted in months if not years there must be nothing going on in your life cant you just do something? I am not paying tax this year as I had enough of scroungers like you claiming benefits and sitting home all day surfing the net while decent people work. They should just force lazy people like you into some work camp where they would whip some sense into you. I can imagine your thick head staring at the computer or telly because only a thick person would put 20 grand into a slot machine.

Thank you Seth for reminding me what a plonker I was for pouring 20 thousand pounds down pokie machines, very thoughtful of you.

I didn’t realise the benefit system was so generous, do single people really get that amount of job seekers allowance?

Doh!

It’s quiet at work at the moment so I decided to read some of the earlier pages of Rethink. In the first few pages before Jane and Kate hooked up lots of people posted from all corners of the globe and the only topic discussed was GAMBLING. Mr X Gambler was a key poster. Jane and Kate became buddies and the forum then became a place for them to natter about everything and anything. People who came for support didnt hang around until eventually there was only a core of regulars. Monica joined them and the nattering continued. I think the forum moved from being a place where people came to tell their story to Jane, Kate and Monicas meeting place.

I couldn’t help but laugh when Mat accused Loser of ‘having to have the last word’ in one of their disagreements. You just gotta love Ole Loser. Gosh some people have been here a long time.

Bottom post on page 1.

If this place was still moderated it obviously wouldn’t be like it is now. I don’t think Jane Kate and Monica “nattering” made any difference. It just wound you up, No one else. As soon as the trolls realised this place was a free for all then all hell broke loose. People would still be posting from all over the globe if Simon was still in charge. I mean, who in their right mind would want to post here anymore?

The forum was moderated during this time, for about a year. You can see the change quite visibly, from people telling their story until virtually nobody. I used to see the occasional new person who did post here, put up a post and the very next day see them put up an identical post on Gamcare seeking help.

And before you go blaming me, I wasn’t even here, I was off the forum for about 5 months of that time.

The forum slowly changed direction from people coming here to share their story to a place where people who had made bonds just nattered.

Odd how in the first year or 2 of the forum (pre Joanne)folk who told their story got to mention their wins/losses , their highs and lows! Posts were removed, there’s a joke about it on page 1 and people were having differences of opinion. So tired of everyone apportioning all the blame on me for the demise of this forum. People were having differences of opinion long before I arrived on the scene.

The forum wasn’t structured in a way which could allow people to come and tell their story and just count their days

I’m not complaining, I’m just stating some facts.

In the last 12 months the forum of course changed direction again because of course it hasnt been moderated.

In a nutshell,

For the first couple of years the posts mainly consist of people telling their story, there is very little interaction between posters except for the occasional word of encouragement, empathy etc.
Mr X Gambler then becomes a key player and the interaction between posters increases slightly.

The first real bond between posters probably was Jane and Kate’s. Their friendship developed to the point where they nattered most days.Slowly overtime their posts dominated the forum and you can visibly see that the forum no longer became a place where people came to tell their story.

Like any forum once a ‘clique’ is established, you find it changes direction.

I’m not complaining, I’m just outlining the direction the forum took.

The forum then changed direction again when it became obvious it wasn’t being moderated.

Meant to add, the point I was trying to make is .. if you were a gambling addict looking to tell your story and seek support and you stumbled across this forum (even when it was moderated) and Gamcare. A snapshot of this forum could have easily been of a group of women nattering and a snapshot of Gamcare would have been of people focused on their addiction in a structured forum. No prizes for guessing which one you would choose! Hardly anybody new came through the doors of this forum and if they did ,they swiftly moved on to Gamcare.

Ive lost approx 20 grand in the 2 years I’ve been here. That’s a loooootta money. Its little wonder I’d like to shake the hands of the guys who have brought about GAMSTOP.
Might have to hide behind a mask! ;)

Just one last question to ‘Many Disguises’, did you put up the post regarding the mouse trap etc?

It’s the last piece of the jigsaw?!

You owe me the truth so don’t bother fibbing.

Andy I dream of sucking your smeggy dick.

DirkDiggler

Joanne likes cum all over her face as previously mentioned. Bet she loves to be filled up with the stuff too. Love to see it dripping out of her rotten cunt. Lovely

Sex addicts anonymous? Maybe they could help you!!!

Day 76.

I hope you lose your money soon.

I think you should go Joanne you are very bad for this site.

That wasn’t me by the way

Timmy

rethink had its day and you had to ruin it you stupid cow you always have to say the last word and argue go back and read the posts loser left only because of you. you did it on purpose I know shits like you in real life little sad people that have to ruin it for everybody when it not going their way everybody knows you are a nuts hence no new posters show up.

When Loser put up his last post he called me a crazy horse, believing that I was talking to myself. Loser had kept faith with me all along and it was only in the final weeks that he changed and took Jane’s view that I was talking to myself. I hope he realises now that I was always being honest and that I was indeed not talking to myself.

You are clearly a nut job, who seems to have a desire to keep talking to me albeit to insult me. I think it’s time you jogged on.

I dont know if Loser still reads this forum but if he is staying away because of me then I will go. If Loser wants to come back to the forum because he’d like to reconnect with some of you and get support then I’ll go. I’m very fond of Loser, I’d be willing to do that for him.

Of course he’s staying away because of you. You created this whole mess

F**k off! (Joke) I’ve said all I’m going to say on the matter.

Kate, Monica and Nik are practically 2 years gf give or take the odd relapse so they’re probably not that bothered.

I’ve never been happier since I signed up to Gamstop.

Mat was moving abroad.

Andy?

I could be wrong but I wouldnt be surprised that Loser’s moved on. He always joked that his favourite Rethink Regular was Woody! If he needs support then like I just said, I’ll go.

Do an internet search regarding gambling addiction and Rethink doesnt even come up in the search results.

Everything comes to a natural end in time. Time changes everything. Perhaps Rethink has had its day!

That’s all i have to say, I’ll now slide back into obscurity…..

kevin

every 2 days you say you’re going to leave, then you pop your big head back the next day. nobody is listening to you.

Ffs give me a break!

It’s you that can’t let it go. Are you a nut job?

Kevin, Timmy, Anon, Gbh, Wowee, Addict and so on. I know you’re all the same person. Stop winding me up. It’s little wonder I’m reduced to tears. Lol

timmy

Joanne nobody is talking to you we don’t give a shit about you or your gamble free days, you are nothing. You can just use pen and paper and monitor your lack of achievement whether you gamble or not you are worthless you have no friends and no life, no partner, no job probably on benefits claiming for mental illness.

Well I have to hand it to you, Timmy, you’re chat up lines are very original!

Stop disturbing me, I’m watching the film ‘This is the end’. They should have given you a part, all you’d have had to do is act yourself. Hahaha

I really dont know why I bother with you.

Sweet dreams, Joanne

It amazes me you think everyone is the same person. Don’t you realise numerous posters here detest you? It’s not just one character under different disguises. You have completely obliterated this forum. It’s time to do the decent thing and go.

Okay, Im not feeling the love!

Kate left because she was going on to further study. I always thought it odd that she didnt say goodbye.

Monica rarely posts and when she does its trivial,

Loser left because knowing Loser he would have taken it personally and been disappointed when nobody signed up for his Facebook page. He’s a good,decent guy is Mr Loser.

Andy, Nick and Mat are still around and they were never major contributors, posting only now and again.

Jane’s still around, although posting less, I think she’s missing Loser’s friendship.

I’m here because I still need to take it one day at a time. I’d love to walk out of here having achieved ‘one year gf’.

I think it was inevitable that some of us would move on, post less frequently as time went on.

Jane and Loser may have kept on communicating but I think everyone else would have eventually posted less and less and bowed out over time.

Everything changes given time.

john

you are in denial people left because of you how come nobody ever replies to you except made up names old genuine people from here never congratulate you or take you seriously because you turned this site into shit with your arguments you pissed vulnerable people off nobody join losers page as people wont share their real name or email because you would follow like a stalker to troll and abuse them you are a maniac and not right in the head and you are fake and selfish you don’t give a shit about people here.
you can make another 1000 posts and you will get no ones respect or genuine reply you crave attention which you don’t have in real life. please get that in your head and just leave have some shame.

If I recall correctly Monica, Kate and Jane were about to leave the forum (summer 2017 )with a view to meeting up on another forum. Monica and Kate committed but Jane didnt commit. If she doesnt have any intellectual conversation as she calls it in here well perhaps she’s only got herself to blame. Monica and Kate of course got on very well, I think Kate then lost interest when Jane didnt comit and left.

In view of the fact that they were discussing issues like menstrual cycles, womens health etc, religion etc I think they should have discussed these issues elsewhere. In fairness to them they did have a great little friendship going on.

You have certainly seen to people posting more infrequently! No way will you leave here after 1 year gamble free, you love this place too much for some reason

Dont hold back. Why do you think I stay?

And as someone who has caused a lot of mischief making on the forum, why have you suddenly become concerned about its welfare.

Jane didnt leave the forum to join Kate and Monica because she was riding on the crest of the wave, she had established a little fan club who were showering her with praise and pretty much hanging on her every word. The only person who wasnt 100 per cent in her club was Loser.

When she accused me of trolling myself, everyone else followed suit. Of course she got it wrong so I would question if her fan base is now so strong.

Of course Jane got to dominate the forum and changed the rules to suit her cause. I got banned for mentioning a win, then she changed position when Mat mentioned a win , it was then acceptable to mention a win even though some of us complained because she was playing the saint. Then I think it was agreed that we shouldn’t mention wins, then of course she changed again when Loser hit some jackpots. She yo-yoed back and for in order to suit her own agenda.

FFS you’re at it again aren’t you? Assuming everyone who posts on here is the same person!! I’m not that troll idiot, i’m a lurker who has beem reading this forum for sometime, and it’s safe to say you have ruined it! It’s more than likely you posting as the troll. You’re clearly not all there

Plus you repeat the same shit over and over again. ‘Jane did this, loser did this, i got banned’ etc etc. It’s boring, you’re boring, you have ruined it for everyone

You started the thread accusing me of obliterating the forum, so I’ve every right to express my views.

At this stage, Jane and Loser were not communicating at all. Loser in fact wouldnt even acknowledge Jane . In fairness to me it was me who encouraged Loser to start communicating with Jane. Then Jane and Loser connected when Jane found it easy to open up to Loser about difficult things she had experienced. Things ticked along, Kate, Woody, Jane and Loser all got along. If I’m completely honest I found it a strain, I didnt really get their type of humour and I was really struggling with the gambling. It was at this point that I wanted to go it alone, just concentrate on myself. Sounds selfish, but its true.

You didn’t have to pipe up at that time did you? Just let Jane and Loser get on with it, and you just concentrate on your recovery. You didn’t have to be so spiteful did you? This was well before the troll came onto the scene

I wasnt spiteful about Jane and Loser connecting as Ive just said it was me who encouraged Loser to start communicating with Jane.

And the reason Loser wouldnt speak to Jane was because he resented her for the little stunt she pulled when loser and I first connected. The one where she basically accused us of deliberately ignoring her. We werent ignoring her, she just wasnt in our radar when we were communicating.

So tired of taking all the shit in here when all I want to do is concentrate on being gf.

Then I got trolled. By now everyone was in Team Jane. I always knew that loser respected Jane, and Kate more than me and I readily accepted that. I was quite happy to just come in here and notch up my days. I had lost in the region of 15 thousand pounds since joining the forum at this point, I was desperate to get a handle on my gambling addiction. When I struck out on my own I achieved my pb of 85 days gf.

Then Marc appeared . I think Jane could not understand why someone would possibly want to team up with me so the only possible explanation was that I was trolling myself! She was adamant that I was making it all up and the others followed her lead. We’ll she got it so badly wrong and this lead to the forum getting f***ed up. The trust was broken and all the nonsense ensued

Ive just read your post. Yes it could be argued that I didnt need to ‘pipe up’ as you put it but it could be equally argued that Jane and her team should not have targeted me so aggressively in accusing me of making up people. Innocent until proven guilty. Like I’ve already said, stop laying all the blame at my door and start taking responsibility for your own part in the demise of the forum.

75 days gf.

I did an internet search using the words ‘gambling addiction forums’ and Rethink didn’t show up. I wonder if this is the reason nobody new has come through the doors of this forum. Both Gamcare and the Gambling Community showed up on the first page of my search results.

I see nobody has asked me to leave so hopefully I can continue to count my gf days.
I am disappointed that some of you have asked for this site to be closed. As we saw last week, there are still a few of us visiting this site. I’m quite sure there are some Regulars who may have liked the opportunity to announce their milestones such as being 1 year gamble free etc. on the forum.

Very selfish, very selfish indeed of those who have asked for the site to be closed without consulting the other regulars who post here.

dddhkdkdki

no on else posts here, except you and your inane drivel

I’m completely through with communicating with you on this forum.

You have made my life a misery for the following reasons …

1. Your constant snide remarks

2. For being accused of being you. I believe you have been on this forum a long time. You started out as John, and have been posting under numerous disguises. I think your aim is to get this forum closed down. It appears you may have succeeded in achieving this.

Time and time again, I have given you the benefit of the doubt, truly believing that you were hurting because of gambling. I humoured you in the hope that I could reach you and help you but I can see now that I am clearly wasting my time. You are obviously just a troll intent on destroying this forum.

Thanks to you my life was pretty miserable on here when I could not prove that you actually existed and that I wasn’t talking to myself.

You must really hate me for putting me through all of that.

That’s it, I shall no longer respond to any of your posts.

dddhkdkdki

Shut it you slag

dddhkdkdki

YOU SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

I think someone has hurt you in the real world, perhaps a girlfriend, maybe its gambling , who knows.

You cant be angry with them /it so I’ve become a substitute. So all the things you want to say to that person, or if its the overspill from gambling issues you unleash on me. I feel like your ‘punch bag’.

I don’t cry easily, but fair play to you, you have reduced me to tears.

Maybe Im wrong, maybe you just hate me.

Ghhhb

Haha what a mug

Wowwwwee

Crying over someone you don’t know on an Internet forum? Really ???? Woweeeee

JOG ON, TROLL

Joanneisacunt

Haha wipe your tears away you silly bitch

You’ve had your fun at my expense …. time to JOG ON.

Joanne the c*nt, bitch, slag, slut, boring c**t, twat, defective, retard …… and all the other names you have called me.

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEÈ

Day 74!

KIGF ;)

I’m willing to do a deal with you, I’m not a ‘petty’ person.

All those who would like me to leave the forum … sign below, don’t hold back, I won’t be offended. I will accept the outcome. If you all want me to go, I will go. I’m in a good place at the moment, life in the real world is good, and I’m winning the war against this addiction. I can go elsewhere for support.

I’m being serious, just say the word and I’ll leave in the interest of the forum. I dont know why I stay, I have been treated appallingly. I think I just stayed because this is where I started my recovery and I guess I wanted to prove to myself that I could win my war against gambling and walk away from here gamble free.

All the best, Joanne ;)

Also would people please stop using the word ‘retard’, or ‘spastic’. I find it highly offensive. I do a lot of work supporting people who have learning difficulties, special/additional needs.

Tim

Shut up you spasticated retarded vegetable

Have I upset you?

If you need support, friendship, whatever, I’ll stay.

Tim

go away joanne you are whats wrong with this site.

If you dont like my posts, just ignore them.
By the sound of it, there may not be a forum for much longer. I find it quite petty, that people who no longer post here have asked for the forum to be closed. It almost smacks of ‘I no longer wish to post here, so I am going to make sure you don’t get to. A bit selfish if you ask me. There are some of us who still benefit from this forum.

And just to prove what a beautiful human being I am, I’ll give you all a hint as to how you could exchange email addresses in private. I do believe Gamcare offer this service.

Wishing you all the very best on your new forum.

Joanne … loving and giving! Lol

It’s snowing!

And I’d also like to say to Ole Loser, despite our parting, I never once disclosed anything we discussed in private, I was very loyal to you. I very much hope that you will show me the same respect if you decide to form private discussions with the other Rethink Regulars.

Thank you, all the very best.

I’m getting very weary of being accused of breaking this forum. Up until I was trolled last September, yes some of us had differences of opinion, but we managed to work through them. I think you’ll find that every forum has it’s upsets due to people holding opposing views. People are entitled to their views.

Jane and Kate then accused me of trolling myself and everyone, except Andy and Duncan who reserved judgement,adopted Jane’s view. What happened to innocent until proven guilty! Of course if the coward who had trolled me had confessed the matter could have been quickly resolved. Because of Jane’s persistent hounding of me the trust on this forum was broken. So don’t bother laying all the blame at my door.

I hope this forum doesn’t fold, it’s helping me enormously.

By the way, I’m not a sad, lonely retard. My life is now quite different in the real world. I come here because it helps me keep on track with my gf days.

I’m enjoying life, my love affair with gambling is almost over. I’ve made great strides since I was fortunate enough to sign up to GAMSTOP.

I was watching short videos of people winning on the pokies, seeing screenshots of epic wins on another forum and I had absolutely no desire to seek out a site to see if I could play. My attitude was … done that, worn that t-shirt!

All good as far as I’m concerned ….. keep on keeping on to a gamble free life.

Feel free to create another forum/Facebook page like I’ve previously mentioned, I would have absolutely no desire to join.

No locks on the forum door.

Come to think of It, I’ve taken almost a year of abuse in here, I’ve been called everything a troll, narcasist, retard, liar, slut. You name it I’ve been called it and here I am still standing. I never once spun a sob story, You just got to hand it to me, I’m some gal!

Joanne ;)

And I’m still smiling!

I was thinking about that facebook page of Loser’s the other day. I miss everyone, If I’m honest, I was weary if it was even Loser suggesting the facebook site since some of us have been impersonated on here, and worried also about protecting my privacy by having to hand over details on a site like this. Although we all wanted one, many of us were rightly weary about actually doing it.
I do not welcome any such challenge which is why I make no further direct communication with a certain member and have made very little posts in the last couple of months overall.

My posts are often met with abuse which is disappointing. I am trying to offer support to those out there and keep a friendly name on the site. Nothing more. Just in case anyone wants to come back but to be honest, I don’t think they should come back. It is no good for anyone.

In honesty, I too have made a formal complaint about this site to Domain Abuse and also to the host, some time ago. They are going to try to contact the owners since the company itself dissolved. By allowing abuse to run unchecked, this website is failing people badly and is a platform for cyber bullying. I want the site shut down permanently. I think it is for the best. I want my personal struggles on here removed too.

I have a busy few weeks ahead with work and am going into hospital for a couple of days. Gambling has made me sick but this site is a disease.
Can’t trust anyone on here anymore. Why should I even answer you when you approach me but don’t even put your real name on here?
If you are someone genuine who I am familiar with, good luck to you and keep trying to live happy.
Hope one of us is successful in getting this hole shut down.
It’s time for me to get out for good.
Thanks for making me see that. I am fighting a losing battle trying to keep this place sane.

Tim

this site should be changed to diary of joannes sad and lonely life where she can post more crap.

Addict

Joanne you have made a mockery and a MESS of this site. Everybody that needs help has left because of you! I have asked them to now shut the site down permanently. Jane I really have to question why you choose to come back here? Loser wanted to start a facebook page for all of us (minus Joanne) but you chose not to. Kate was enthusiastic to do it and now he is gone too! I really question if you don’t enjoy the challenge of Joanne? Best of luck Jane with your gamble free day’s Joanne you are a TWAT, personally I think your male not female. How sad that your all alone, must hurt being a retard to society?

Hahahahahahaha

I can’t make up my mind if that’s Loser posting or someone pretending to be Loser. Mmmmmmm

By the way, I’m all woman!

Let’s face it ‘Gambling’ is in fashion ! Look at the newspaper coverage of events like Royal Ascot. Women getting on their glamour for a day at the races, intent on having a good time. Lots of people want to be seen there, from the Royals, celebrities, high profile sportsmen/women, musicians, film stars etc

Despite my own issues with gambling, I’m not anti-gambling, for the majority it is still a bit of harmless fun.