Comments

Back to counting my days ….

42!

Back later …..

I’m a gambling addict. I struggle every day with this addiction, my battle is no greater or less than anyone else’s, battling this addiction.

Nobody knows about my problem so that’s why I come here. Everyday is a battle so I need somewhere to go, something to connect with, to record my days.

That’s all I want to do. I visit Gamcare most days, it reminds me of the perils of gambling but I always used to find it annoying having to do that (click on the squares with road signs or whatever) before you could get logged in. It’s so much easier to pop a post on here.

Although CM gave me a bit of cheek, I kinda like the guy, I didnt mind because at least when I got accused of being him he always said that he wasn’t me and that he felt sorry for me having to take all the flak. I knew where I stood with him. I thought you and CM were the same person. Anyway, I’ve no quarrel with you Marc, sorry for thinking you were CM.

If the other Rethink Regulars want to post that’s their business, I’m through with them all.

Anyway, like I said, I’m just here to count my gf days.

Back later to add to my gamble free days …

And one last thing ….. to the sneak who trolled me last September and sat back and watched me be falsely accused ….. one word ….

SLIMEBALL

GOOD RIDDANCE

Marc

Joanne, I wish you weren’t going.

Please stop making references to me and about me. Stop talking about the past. You are perpetually in it. I am done with communicating. Can’t you see that? Andy started a thread on Gamcare when rethink was offline and that’s exactly what you DID do…..you followed us to Gamcare and then I stopped posting there too and asked for my account to be shut down. Did you not notice that I didn’t post there again once you arrived?

The other day, I wanted to celebrate my 100 days and couldn’t because of this mess of a site, so I asked for Gamcare to reactivate my old account, the one I used to post on while Rethink was shut down. I thought it might be nice to have someone say ‘well done’ and I hoped that some of the regulars might swing by over there and we could have a normal conversation without all the crap on here and we could encourage each other to continue to be non gamblers, the way this site used to be before you ruined it.

It took a few days but they found my account and allowed me to post under the name I created last year, ‘Lost and Found’. If you click on my user name on the thread, you will see the post I made on gamcare which does not make any unnecessary comments whatsoever. Once again, you are just poking for a reaction because no one is talking to you.
It refers only to me having urges, of my being depressed at the state of this forum and the fact that I can’t post anymore without lurkers waiting to jump on everyone who tries to make a normal post and support each other. The fact that you have again sought me out on another forum, and posted details of my username on here is provocation and you know it. You are literally gagging for a reaction from me. It is so, so sad. You poke and poke and poke, don’t you?
You need to get help. You will not be happy at all until I am gone for good will you? As soon as I leave you do nothing but talk about me, hounding me, Kate, Monica for a reaction. You have serious issues that you need to deal with, especially towards women. Do you not think I have been through enough? Every day is a struggle. It is not a matter for laughing out loud. I am hurting bad and I need to talk sometimes, and I never can because of you. Now, I can’t get any support on here or on Gamcare? What more do you want from me?

You have continued to post here, nonsense, every single day. I don’t even know who you are talking to because you ran everyone away, didn’t you? You are the proud owner of a ghost ship.

Sam, if you are real, please sort this forum out for the rest of the members. I think it should be taken down completely or all the offensive material completely removed.
I am tired of being hounded by Joanne.
Honestly right now, I’d rather be dead.

Last September, you falsely accused me of trolling myself. I repeatedly asked you to drop the subject and to leave me be. You then, along with every other poster, falsely accused me of being Marc. You were wrong on both accounts.

You seem to being making a habit of falsely accusing me for things I haven’t done.

GOOD RIDDANCE

This will be my last post on Rethink.

I didn’t mind Marc and his many disguises winding me up, I took it all in good spirit. It was fun and if he is someone with gambling issues, I truly wish him all the best. All the best buddy, Good luck!

Jane put up a post on Gamcare recently. I dont know who she was referring to but she made some unnecessary remarks about one of the Rethink Regulars. As a Rethink Regular perhaps she should enlighten us as to whom she was referring?

She didnt name me, but as this will be my last post on Rethink , I would just like to say that I have never followed her to another forum and I never would so I hope she wasn’t referring to me.

As you know from my posts on here, I’m a regular on Gamcare. I’ve brought over some useful info such as the Kerching video, alerting folk to the fact that Gamstop was up and running etc.

When Rethink was down last year, I went back to Gamcare and posted under Joanne Isla. Whilst there, I achieved my personal best, 85 days gf. I think it’s in my best interest to go back to Gamcare and quietly record my days in my diary in the hope that I reach my goal of one year gf.

I’m getting the vibe that you’d all like the forum Joanne-free, we’ll your wish has been granted. I’m more than happy to go.

All the best, BYE, Joanne

Frank Sinatra

Sam any chance you can add a BLOCK button? Would be much easier than having the site moderated we simply can block the “attention seeker” and no longer have to put up with her antics.
Jane 16 weeks your on your way good for you.

41 days gamble free.

P.s. I’m plotting my revenge! Lol

Marc

Sam couldn’t be more wrong could he

Marc

Joanne, I wish you weren’t going.

Marc

Joanne, I’m not CM by the way

Sam

Joanne instead of taking advice on keeping within the guidelines of this forum you have created 2 more accounts since under the names Marc and Anon. All the other accounts will be blocked leaving the original account. The ‘your story’ will be relaunched soon with a new forum template which will stop multiple ip accounts. This website was created with the good intention of helping problem gamblers to communicate and help each other through their addictions. This will happen with a new section which will be monitored by administrators on a regular basis.

I was going to ask Marc if he wanted to come and stay in the hotel, then I remembered he’d need 18 rooms! Lol lol

Back laters … Joanne

Marc

Only if I can stay in your room hon

I’ll sneak you in, :) don’t tell anyone.

Keep it gamble -free folks!

Marc

wooo hoooooo

“I always get to where I am going by walking away from where I’ve been.” Fabulous little line from Pooh in the new Christopher Robin movie.
I liked that very much and I will keep that thought with me in my journey to becoming a non gambler.

16 weeks gamble free.

Lost and found ?

40 days gamble free.

39 days gf!

Back to work tomorrow … if somebody comes into the cafe bar and complains that their coffee has gone cold, I’m going to f@#$%^g scream. But of course I’ll have to smile sweetly and say, “no problem” when what I really want to say is, well if you hadnt f***d about on your laptop for so long and drank the coffee when I gave it to you, it wouldn’t have gone f***in’ cold, it was hot when I gave it to you because I almost scalded my f***in’ hand on it and one more thing, the name tag says ‘co-ordinator’ not f***in’ ‘waitress’.

And then I’ll have to work for an hour just to pay for the sugar tax on my cola because of the fat greedy b******s.

Okay, i’ve got that out of my system, tomorrow I shall be the smiling, welcoming face of Scotland! :) !

Tbc

Good morning Mr Loser, I hope you have a wonderful day because you’re a wonderful bloke. I know you think me trashy and no good, which is fair enough, haa (heaven forbid I end up being like the other females on here hahahahah) but MR LOSER your’e a TOP BLOKE and I absolutely adore Ole LOSER.

Tbc

Now where’s my favourite buddy gone, John (as in English not his first language) . Its not the same without him, I’m missing my daily insult. Hahahahaha Don’t panic, I’m not hitting on you, haha I’m just missing your mischief. Xx

39 days gamble free. To hell with the casinos. Thank heaven for Gamstop, I’ve not regretted my decision to sign up, not for a single second.

Now im off to see my new buddies over on the Gambling community.

Keep it gamble free!

Good nigjht , Joanne

Marc

Yeah you’re right, please don’t end up like that nutcase Jane who lies about being sexually abused for attention.

I’d just like to clarify …. I always got the impression from their posts that Kate, Monica and Jane were ‘deeper thinkers’ than me, liked to engage in deep conversations and therefore viewed life more seriously. Whereas I dont take myself too seriously.

No offence intended.

I’ve just noticed the comment above, posted under the name of Marc.

As someone who has been falsely accused of posting under that name, I would like to clarify that I DID NOT post that comment.
Nobody would claim to be sexually abused in order to gain attention. That comment is out of order.

Marc

Yeah of course you did lol. Why are you being nice after they have treated you so badly? not Kate. Jane and monica

I mentioned in a recent post that I have felt during my time here that I didn’t quite ‘fit in’ in this forum. I was beginning to think ‘why’? What was different about me?

Then I discovered the Gambling Community and found that my thinking and views on gambling were much in keeping with these guys. I also love the fact that they can agree to disagree.

I shall think about your question and write later.

Keep it gamble-free!

In a nutshell, despite the gambling addiction, I’m pretty much a ‘Regular Joe’ or should that be ‘Jo’. Lol

Pretty much think like the average guy in the street, I don’t have any hang-ups so I can handle a ‘wind-up’, can laugh at myself, don’t take life too seriously and know that self-pity is a complete and utter waste of time and energy and gets you absolutely nowhere. I fell foul of a gambling addiction, it happened, I’ve learned to let it go, I can’t change the past, just build a better future. :)

Sometimes I think I should leave the forum but then I think …. fair enough, in the early days I did say a few things that I shouldn’t have said but over the last 11 months I have been pretty much ‘hounded’ and been dealt a lot more s**t than I gave.

Back laters to check in ….

Jo

I

I’ve been doing some thinking … not looking for a response …. just thinking out loud …

The recently introduced sugar tax …

I use to be able to buy 3 cases of 24 pepsi in Farm F**ds for £18. Now because of the sugar tax, I now have to pay £27. Approximately 9 quid more. As someone whose BMI is usually around 19 (average) this really irks me. I’m not one of these people who can eat what they like and never put on weight, I have to be mindful of my calorie intake.

Tbc

Dont misunderstand me, Im not being disrespectful to those who may find it difficult to maintain a healthy weight due to medical reasons eg thyroid or to those who have developed a food addiction. As I’ve mentioned in a previous post it must be equally as hard for those with a food addiction to navigate the high street considering the amount of tempting fast food available as it is for the person with a gambling addiction trying to avoid all the bookies.Just as we didnt choose to be gambling addicts, nobody would choose to have a food addiction. However it does annoy me as someone who enjoys a can of cola that i have to pay considerable more.

Tbc

Unless you ignore my posts (understandable) you probably know where this is leading …. striking a balance between the person who can enjoy an occasional flutter and the peson with a gambling problem.

As you may be aware, I like to do a general sweep each day of here, the Gambling Community and Gamcare.

The Gambling community posters are a mixed bunch, (fascinating) ranging from those who enjoy a flutter, those who can control their gambling to those who want or need to quit due to gambling issues but they are united by a love of gambling. Interestingly someone posted recently that they were annoyed because one of the online bookmakers asked them to declare their income before they were allowed to withdraw. Quite a few of the posters stated that they too would be annoyed if this happend to them and viewed it as an invasion of their privacy and that the verification process was suffice. I think some of them saw it as another sneaky tactic by the bookie to delay paying out in the hope that the gambler would reverse the withdrawal. I’m inclined to agree. I personally dont believe in a ‘nanny state’ and I too would be annoyed if i had to declare my income.

Don’t misunderstand me I , 100 per cent agree that nobody should be allowed to deposit using a credit card.

Tbc

It’s all about striking a balance ….

The one thing I’ve gleamed from all three gambling communities, Rethink, The Gambling Community and Gamcare is that everyone would agree that all gambling adverts should be banned from the media. I totally agree.

I also believe that the daily newspapers should not offer free bets and that gambling companies should not be allowed to sponsor football clubs etc. It gives the wrong impression .

For me personally, if there was a ban on all advertising and nobody was permitted to deposit via paypal and via credit cards, along with the reduction from 100 pounds to 2 pounds on the fobts and with Gamstop now being in operation, I think the balance between the needs of the person who enjoys a flutter and the person with a gambling addiction is about right. More so if the Gamstop sign was more prominent/fully explained on the online bookmakers/ casino sites.

Just my personal opinion. Not looking for a response.

marc

It’s not ‘approximately’ £9 more, it IS £9 more

Long time no see!

Or perhaps …. mmmmmmmm

Rethink Regulars

‘It’s so nice when toxic people stop talking to you. It’s like the trash took itself out’.

I was referring to myself …. the toxic person being me, Joanne

Although there is no evidence that Albert Einstein actually said ….

“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction.

The world will have a generation of idiots”

Hmmmm

Spot on …. Playing pokies via technology on my ownsome sure made an idiot out of me! Lol

KEEP IT GAMBLE FREE!

38 days gf.

I need zzzzzzz.

Goodnight.

Great post Jane. Gambling on every ad and on the high street is a scourge and needs to stop. Matt, good to hear you are making some positive changes.

Hope you’re not betting on the ⚽️

Keep it gamble-free.

Joanne has just discovered the emoji button lol

Lol :)

Reminder to oneself …. I would have been 1 year gf tomorrow if I hadn’t relapsed last November. I’ve lost in the region of 4,000 pounds since then. Money that could’ve been in my bank account.

Gambling is pointless.

Gotta get it right this time.

Day 37 gf :)

Had to scroll back to see the replies thanks Loser and Jane its good to see that you are still here. I didn’t gamble last 10 days, this is it. I am now preparing to change life completely and move should take around 2 months, Gambling for me was escape and substitute for depression and lack of social life, it cost me a lot of money its now over 10 years when it started, I suffered a lot all this time, losing money then hiding at home and saving only to lose again. I need to move from here as I failed and only have bad memories, bookies on every street don’t help. I will be visiting from time to time but change needs to happen for me.
Good luck to you, hope you will stop gambling for good.

Mat, you shouldn’t feel as though you failed. Many will agree that we have been failed by the government who allowed this to happen to people. Not enough is done to protect people who need help and support. We are bled dry and then thrown to the gutter, then more fill our place. The industry is never left wanting but they will be if people keep pushing for a fairer, brighter and safer future. I will continue to answer every email and survey, and sign every petition I can until someone listens and takes notice of the suffering.
People are encouraged to gamble at every opportunity and it is irresponsible to continue to sell gambling as fun when there is so much evidence to the contrary. I am asking the government to consider putting images and health warnings on gambling websites and lottery products like they did with cigarettes. And likewise, I am asking that gambling companies and websites not be allowed to use personal data to target poor and vulnerable people who have debt or illness etc..and that there is a penalty for doing so as it constitutes misuse of personal information. A person should only be contacted by gambling companies when they have specifically asked for contact. Otherwise, it is no different than a dealer walking up to someone in the street and offering them drugs in the hopes of getting them hooked. It is wrong and immoral to seek out vulnerable people and get them hooked on gambling. It should come with a warning that focuses on the consequences of losing, not the potential of winning since the former is much more likely.

A written warning that focuses on the word ‘fun’ is not enough either. The more people talk of the harm, the more we will get the word ‘FUN’ removed from warnings because it is the fun that causes the harm. It is the fun that gets us hooked and that fun is dopamine. We can’t stop when the ‘fun’ stops because we are hooked on that dopamine and we get that when we are gambling, win or lose. That’s why we chase because the anticipation of winning gives us hit after hit while we pump more money into the machine. We haven’t truly lost until we walk away or turn off the laptop and that’s what makes chasing so powerful and so dangerous because it is limited only by the amount of money we can access and how much we are able to take mentally and physically until we have truly had enough.

People who can gamble responsibly don’t need the warnings.
People who do, can’t heed them.

Good morning.

All casino owners/bookies should be hit with a ball of their own s**t.

Another day, another dollar …..

Keep it gamble free.

36 gf

Frank Sinatra

Everyone is sick of hearing the same shit Joanne if you had any decency you would just leave your so tiring your like a cancer that keeps growing and no one can get rid of it! Posting day in and day out talking to yourself constantly yet you still come back so over your garbage.

Now I know you’ve been missing me CM hahahaha but you have to stop all this nonsense. I know it’s you posting as Sam, Cindy and FS.

Just my luck to get stuck with a pest like you although you do make me laugh with all your s**t. I’m smart enough not to take it too seriously.

Busy day ahead …. be back, no doubt in the small hours of the morning, to record my gf day.

Cindy

Someone is so negative. Just wanted a response to see if I wanna tell my story here. sheesh

I apologise, I thought it was CM back again, doing what he does best, s**t-stirring.
He probably posted under Sam.

From now on I’m only coming in here to record my gf days at the end of the day. I’m determined to reach one year gf. Although I can’t gamble online, I still have to be mindful that I could easily be tempted back to buying shop bought tickets and gambling via a bookie.

I’m not CM and his many disguises, he/she does exist. I’m tired of taking the flak, being accused of being a troll etc so from now on I’m keeping myself to myself. To all of you who think I’m CM, you can think what you like about me because you’re no longer of interest to me.

However as a gambling addict I wish you all continued success on being gamble free.

Peace at last ….. I think they’ve all come and gone. Lol

35 days gf!

…. and the cares of tomorrow can wait ’till this day is done …