Comments

Mr X

Is the sight back up?

You’re not very bright ……………….. the one place you could all meet and chat to one another is Gamcare-dot-org

Shush. No one’s talking to you.

I was talking to LOSER. I apologise, for the ‘you’re not very bright’ remark. I thought he’d realise that all of you could chat through gamcare. Joanne

p.s. I offer an apology when I get something wrong.

Anyway, I’d like a chat with LOSER, if he’s interested. Joanne

Sorry for typo’s, my eyes haven’t thawed out yet from last night’s sleep!

Think I’ve got a bit of jet lag … I woke up at 5.30 and thought it was time to get up …. Now thinking it is time for lunch!
How is your eye btw?

I have found loads of forums but when I go on terms of use, they all are intended for a particular region like Canada, Australia, US etc…. A lot of the UK ones I’ve been on are for registration only from the UK too. The ones that aren’t are not moderated properly.
However, I have wondered about Psych forums dot com, I often swing by some of their mental health material as they have multiple forums for multiple topics, including self harm which I found useful. …..Read the terms and conditions there and it seems we may all be able to register there? It is moderated and allows only one account per IP.

I’ll have a look Jane. A closed Facebook group is also an option. I’ve recently joined one to do with my research and I had to be approved by the person who set up the group. Suppose it depends what people are looking for … to join an established but moderated Forum , or to keep in touch with friends we have made on this Forum? Personally speaking I feel like I have put gambling behind me and part of me wants to just put the chapter behind me for good … I know this is selfish, but it is also honest … I think I have worked out why it started and this has been very helpful in stopping too … the sensible advice given by you and others on the forum really helped during the stopping phase … but for me , staying stopped is to do with my mental health … keeping healthy in my mind … regaining self respect and taking care to avoid negative/toxic people. With this in mind I think I would favour the closed group rather than another Gambling Forum . Does that make sense? All the best Jane … you give so much to others here … just make sure you are also taking care of yourself.

YIPEEE ………………. I’ve broken my personal best …………….. 54 days gamble-free!

loser

finally it allowed me to post it put it all together on one line

Thanks Loser ..good thinking! . yes, I found the site … so if you put up the post to Rethink regulars (asylum seekers?) I will meet you there. All the best

Darn … just tried to join Loser but it said access to self help is restricted to Australian residents only ….

loser

www.
gamblinghelponline.
org.au

loser

Now it works!!!

I have typed this out a zillion times here goes again:

There is a australian gambling website monitored daily, no abusive comments will be tolerated or negativity the moderator’s step in immediately once you report the issue! There is a block member button and report abuse button, you can write lengthy replies without them getting lost in cyberspace!

Here is the link I need to know everyone can access it:

Once you register and log in you then go to:

Visit site
My story
The courtyard

I will then put up a post called “Rethink Regulars”
We can all chat here in a safe moderated forum and meet new member’s. If your interested and can access the link let me know and I will only then put up the rethink regulars post. Try and use the same name you use here.

Let me know if you can access the link once I hear from you I will proceed

(won’t let me post this with the link I will try in next post to add link)

loser

Post won’t go up?

If STICKY BEAK had stayed out of my affairs, like I’d asked her, none of this would have happened. My final word on the matter. PLEASE STAY OUT OF MY AFFAIRS.

P.s. If you decide to move on to another site, don’t worry about me , it’s the VERY LAST PLACE I’d want to be.

53 days gamble free!

Marc

Fancy an affair? Lol

How could I refuse my ‘Knight in shining armour’ lol lol

Got to go, dashing off to work, I’ve a bit of a cheek calling it work, didn’t do too much yesterday! lol

As you know I’ve mentioned many members of my family ……………

I swear on every single member of my family’s life, I did NOT put up the posts with regard to the mouse trap /bitch/banana split personality etc and I have been speaking to a guy called MARC and not myself.

Joanne, I don’t think it matters anymore, you have done enough damage,

The sad thing about all of this is …………………….. JOANNE IS ACTUALLY TELLING THE TRUTH! MARC DOES EXIST!

Hi MARC or should that be Hi JOANNE! lol lol lol

I just can’t wait to hear what LOSER has to say on the matter!!!

Hi all, the demise of Rethink is sad. I spoke to my son at the weekend. He is up for it, but is very busy at the moment as he has just started a great job going up and down the country. I will pin him down to a time to do it, i think joint admin would be better.

Feels more like walking the mile than posting for support when you enter this forum…..Very grim reading indeed. I had contact from Rethink last on 25th Jan this year. That was when they first started moderating the forum at my request. (due to Joanne) Sadly, Kate, yes, that explains why I never got a response from my DM on Twitter.
Let me know what your plans are guys. I’m okay but I feel isolated.

Keep going Jane, don’t let Joanne beat you. Still doing the christmas challenge, lets all get there without placing a single bet.

Thank you, Andy. You too. We can all do this.
I don’t get it though, If the company is dissolved, why does it still have a twitter feed? I sent 4 direct messages over about 2 weeks, complaining about the abuse and did not get a response. I thought it was weird. Yes, Andy, it was still being moderated last Christmas, but not fully. I made a complaint about Joanne at the height of her bullying last Christmas, when she targeted me in a bad way. Rethink said they could not ban individuals because of the way the site was set up, so they agreed to delay the comments in a queue to await moderation.
This was helpful, but it slowed down the forum and meant responses were not in real time. It was then removed more than likely around the time the company dissolved…..I thought at the time it was because Joanne was behaving herself (silly me) but it was because no one was going to be home to moderate.

Would like to take all the good people with us, but how do we make sure undesirables stay out and how do we verify they are who they say they are?

Interestingly enough, saw the movie ‘Split’ the other night……made me wonder how many toothbrushes Joanne has.

It seems the twitter account is still active as Rethink are still retweeting certain gambling posts. Anyway it doesn’t matter, we know this forum isn’t moderated and Joanne will always be here as she hasn’t got a life outside Rethink it seems… think we need to go elsewhere but making that a reality is another question.

If anyone misbehave on a properly moderated site they just get banned. Yes they might come back as someone else but they will just continue to get banned. Some forums place all posts in pre mod which would prevent all the pointless rubbish she had been posting this afternoon, however pre mod does put some people off posting and is a lot of work for the mods.
Unfortunately you will always get trolls on every forum, but their impact can reduced the key thing is not to let them get to you. It is the internet not real life.

Nik, I notice on some other sites that they have a ‘report’ or a ‘flag as inappropriate’ tab next to each person’s posts. That would have saved a lot of trouble wouldn’t it?

I feel better about posting when so many of you are around. Feels like we are working as a team, and no one gets left behind. I had hoped the forum would settle down but it seems it got worse. I think she was trying to flush out the rest of you.

Keep on track, Nik, your’e doing great. You too, Andy.

————
For the ignorant.

Never mind who would self harm over something said on a forum??? I would argue what kind of person would attack someone who does. FYI, I did not self harm over what was said on here, I self harmed because you caused me to relapse. That will never happen again because I am strong and you are weak. Do not presume to understand me and my condition. I am not mad as a box of frogs, or whatever ridiculous saying it was….I have a beautiful mind, caring, creative, constructive. I see the world in so many wonderful colours where you see only grey.
If I was having a heart attack, would you tell me to pull myself together? You disregard my problems like they don’t exist. You know nothing about depression and mental health so you have no right to talk about them. When I walk into a room, people smile because I am smiling. No one would ever know what I go through and that’s just the way I like it. You can’t tell how much suffering on a face that’s always smiling.

People who ‘don’t get’ mental health issues, don’t get it. That’s why they fail to understand.

You’re creative alright ……………. making up these false allegations against me and relentlessly harassing me for 6 weeks on this forum. You’ve all been like a pack of hounds , I know how a fox feels.

In the hands of my sister’s legal team as we speak.

So what are your ‘sisters legal team’ going to do exactly against a bunch of anonymous people on a tiny internet forum? What laws have they broken precisely?
Honestly, you get dafter.

Tracking down the troll so I can meet him/her face to face. I’d like to ask him/her why they did it. Especially the part where there was a ‘sexual’ undercurrent. ie ‘no man would want to go there’

Well good luck with that. Keep us informed about how you get on.
I’ m sure you will.

I will do, although you may have re-located! Thank you for you ‘good luck’ wishes. I apologise for the comment ‘ your stupidity knows no bounds’. It was said through ‘sheer frustration’ because I was talking to someone, not myself! Joanne

Good to hear from you Jane and Monica. i think the twitter feed is still live in the same way the web site and forum are still live …it would have been better if Rethink had closed things down when the company was dissolved … it would have prevented a lot of the crap from happening. But I think a lot is explained now. feels strange though doesn’t it?

Don’t feel isolated Jane. Most of us are behind you. I’m on day 65 now and still no urge to gamble.

Good on you Nik. Day 38 here

I wondered why this Forum had sunk into such a state of nastiness – it is literally, a ghost ship – Rethink Gambling was dissolved as a company last August. The founder Simon Parfitt, resigned last year…. this might explain why only Joanne, who , as we know, is such a sad twat, and so unpopular that she has to resort to talking to herself, remains …… here is a link to the notification of filing history at Companies House ….. sad, but the final nail in the coffin for me – Joanne and imaginary friends, you are welcome to your sad conversations …… no legitimate on-going charity would have allowed this state of affairs to continue, but now I understand why … Monica, if you want to move forward on a genuine, supportive new Forum, please count me in – I will check in to see if you go ahead …such a shame it isn’t safe to share details with you, Jane, Loser and all the genuine people on this Forum directly .

For anyone of a literary bent – Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conran is a good reference point for what has happened here ….

Yes I would be interested in a new forum. Tried to turn the alerts off as I was inundated this afternoon with notices of someone talking to themselves about nothing.
One person has managed to take this forum in a bizarre and pointless direction.

Yup! Hopefully Monica will respond. Maybe trusted members could have admin privileges to share the load? Jane .,.. are you interested?

I’m in

Hi Kate, hope you are well. How is the website still up and running then? I thought the website would’ve been taken down too? Wasn’t Simon still moderating it over Xmas last year though?

Hi Andy … good to hear from you. I am very well thanks … sounds like you are too . So long as web hosting is being paid a web site will keep going … maybe it was paid on an annual basis. I wrote to Simon about the state of the Forum asking him to intervene to save it, and received no response … so I did a bit of digging and found the Gazette notice …. it is sad because here we have a very well intentioned charity with a determination not to take money from the industry … I can’t say with 100 % certainty that we have been sailing on a ghost ship , but it certainly feels like this. If you look at the twitter feed it is the same story . … stuff still coming in but no responses .

I have to confess sweetheart , every post you’ve put up I’ve secretly agreed with, so I think we think alike. lol

You a straight forward guy? I agree ,I don’t believe half the bull-shit that get’s posted on here either. I’ve been around the block too much.

Okay, I think we’ve worked out who the troll is.

You struggling with gambling?

Keep posting , yeah. But you’ve got to behave yourself! Oh no, I’d better not tell you what to do! lol lol

I’ve got to go now, work to catch up on !

You ok with that?

Marc

I promise I’ll behave lol. I don’t like all the religious shit on here either. Glad you nipped that in the bud if I’m being honest. I’m a straight as they come. Straight down the line, I’ll tell it like it is, which is something you definitely do! Speak later

So why did you decide to be my ‘knight in shining armour’?

Marc

Didn’t like you being accused of something you haven’t done. Also we are very similar.

You’re sending me love now!

Are you still there? Why do you keep changing names?

You’re very good at evading my questions!

I’m getting your posts through email notifications

So your Marc, not Loser , and you haven’t written the post in bold capitals?

It’s just a coincidence you arriving on the scene? How long you been visiting this site?

Marc

2 years

Settle down, I can’t stand people who kick off, we’re trying to get to the bottom of this! It’s intriguing!

Who dunnit? lol lol

I’m going to end up getting the bullet from work! lol

But then I thought Marc could be Jane, so that Joanne would get the blame

You still there? Then I thought are Marc and Loser, the same person?