Comments

Some forums have a facility where you can put other members on ignore and prevent yourself seeing their posts.
I wish there was that facility on here.
‘New friend Marc’ indeed!

Marc

Be quiet nik for goodness sake

Let’s have a nice, normal day please. Support is all we need. No need for division. Gambling addiction sadly unites us all. Let’s work on it TOGETHER.
Day 60.
Have a great, gamble free day.

Totally agree Jane.
It’s ironic when trolls demand to be ignored, then when they don’t get the attention they crave they start baiting people again to get a reaction.
From now on best to ignore no matter what is said,

Marc

Wrap up nik, you little irritant

My point immediately proven.

Marc

You can’t help yourself though can you? I thought you were going to ignore the “trolls” as of now? Just wrap up and let people communicate with whoever they choose ok?))))£));

Will do Joanne.

I know you hang on ‘no knicker’s ‘ every word, but try putting your brain in gear before your mouth!

I’ve been at the dentist this morning.

Please don’t mention my name in your posts.

Got to catch up on work ……………. Joanne

It’s little wonder the diplomas are being used as wallpaper, that’s about all they’re fit for!

Don’t you, Jane, Kate or LOSER EVER mention my name on this forum again.

As for the rest of you, waken up and start thinking for yourselves!

p.s. I hope Monica’s son is a fast worker!

Hi Loser, thanks for the well wishes. It is really aching but I can blink now without it feeling so sore. Took my patch off and the sticky tape just about ripped my face off! I’m heading off to bed now. I thought I was doing well with the finances but the kids have just given me their Christmas lists! It’s a bit early don’t you think? But looking at what’s on there, I’m glad for the advance notice. Let’s just say there’s a lot of tech on there….laptops, tablets etc…What happened to kids asking for a Crayola set or a Scalextric! They certainly made my list. Oh and a train set too. Gotta love that Intercity 125. Mine had working headlights!! OMG, I can still remember the smell of the static on the tracks!

Hope you can find some sort of balance with your exclusion. Be careful. It is so easy to revert back to old ways. Control is an illusion, we all know that. It only works when you are winning.

Well I guess I better get to bed. I will need to get some extra hours in it seems. Hope my eye holds up!

Hi all,
Been to GA this evening and just got back, had some chicken soup and a sarnie. Slept all day after being up all night contemplating life, the universe and everything. Bloody hell, having to trawl through some of the drivel on here today. I accidentally reset my ipad and have lost a lot of settings so on the pc for now. Jane, hope your eye heals quickly and thanks for the cassava e-mail. Watch this space, I will talk to my son who has his own IT business and see if we can set something up. Took me ages to trawl through some of the rubbish on here from today.

Hi Duncan,

Your like a breath of fresh air hope you have been well. Agree with everything you said especially where you mention that you feel like you missed gambling and were missing out. Always great to see you Duncan hope you stick around!

Kate totally understand how you feel, this forum has been caught up in a tornado and I guess it’s either leap out or get swept up in it all. I wish you all the best and hope you continue with your new improved life, gamble free. Hope you return now and then to tell us how your progressing.

Jane or should I say Popeye! Glad it all went well for you and keep the area clean otherwise you will get a infection. I assume winter is approaching there and I agree it is harder but find new indoor activities to keep you busy!

Joanne all I can say is “I know….. Joanne I know” glad to hear your progressing well and I will be here to celebrate your 100 day’s with you keep going.

I am still trying to revoke my self exclusion, I would love to tell you all in detail how its progressing but just by the off chance the counsellor could possibly read this I will wait till I have revoked it. I have had urges however due to planned activities it has stopped me from going to the casino. Early day’s still but I will try and get as far as I can now and will aim for 1 month to start off with. I’m off fishing take the boat out and enjoy my day far away from the casino.

Day 11

……………… I will be here to celebrate your 100’s days with you ………………..

No thanks!

Please do not refer to me in any of your posts again.

GOODBYE, Joanne

Duncan

Hi Loser,

Glad that you are back posting. I’m aware that you had a relapse a few weeks back but, as you know, this is part of the recovery process.

I know that the temptation is there for us but you have a wealth of knowledge that can help you beat this addiction.

I believe that you can really rack up those days. Keep it going.

Here’s to another day gamble free.

Marc/Anonymous

Joanne don’t go, I’m gonna go, it’ll make everyone happy anyway. Sick of people thinking you are anonymous when it was me! People probably think you are writing this right now lol.
Good speaking to you Joanne and hope you beat this addiction.

Hi Marc,

You don’t have to go. I actually think you’re a decent person. You’ve just got off to a bad start on the forum … now who does that remind me off, yip, me! lol

Hopefully we can help each other with this addiction.

I’m going to take a break for a few days.

Until then, take care , Joanne

p.s. No nipping to the casino!

Hi LOSER,

I’m tired of you ‘dissing me’, and using me as a pawn on this forum. You show me no respect , you just make me look foolish for liking you. You don’t treat me with the same respect that you show to Kate, Jane and Monica.

Please don’t address me or make reference to me in any of your future posts.

I’m going to take a break from the forum for a few days, not feeling too good.

I’ve got a lot to think about, the only thing I know for certain is that I have only posted under Joanne or Joanne/Isla on this forum.

Bye, Joanne

Duncan

Hi folks,

Hope everyone is well and gamble free.

After prolonged periods of abstinence, it can often feel that we have our gambling problems under control. I cannot emphasis enough that this is never the case. There have been numerous occasions when i abstained for months on end, then started to gamble with small stakes, only to find myself trapped back in the vicious gambling cycle. I’d think “if i can go 3 months without gambling, then i’ll be able to control the way i bet”. I deluded myself into thinking that i missed gambling, that i was somehow missing out, and that next time would be different. I WAS WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS!

Until we change the way in which we see gambling, there is no escape. Society’s perception of gambling is totally warped. It is perceived by so many to be a bit of harmless fun. However, every person on this forum knows that gambling is far from fun. The 1st bet that we placed was the start of a destructive path – we didn’t know it at the time but there were so many times when i was a gambler that i wished I’d chosen a different path. In hindsight, that was dumb as there can be no going back. However, each and everyone of us has the right to chose the path we take in the future.

Every penny/ cent we’ve lost has gone. Sure, you could play the slots, bet on the horses, go to the casino and win tomorrow. However, this path would delude us into thinking that winning is possible. If you’re a compulsive gambler then winning is impossible.

Instead of thinking, i don’t bet anymore we should take relief from that we don’t need to bet anymore.

Here’s to another day gamble free.

Hi Duncan. Good to hear from you. I was asking for you a while back….I miss your positivity. I was wondering how you were getting on, what with the dark nights and all. I know, like me, you seem to do better in the summer months. This time of year can be difficult with much more time spent indoors and long, drawn out evenings with not so much to do.

However, seems I did not need to be concerned. :) You seem to be still on the right path and same for me, too. No urges to bet at all and also feeling confident that I can keep going. I know that we are never cured and that we have to continue to work at this, but at the same time, I’m also happy in the moment and glad just to have a day at a time, without the stress of gambling. The first time I relapsed, I was mortified, but now I know that it is just a part of recovery and that if it happens again, to just get right back on track.

Since I realised that it isn’t the end of the world when things go wrong, I don’t seem to have as many urges. It’s not good to put ourselves under pressure because for some people, pressure creates stress, and stress creates urges.
I lightened up on myself, and I feel better for it. Much better to just go day to day and be content so that’s what I try to focus on now.

You chose to visit on a rather busy day. The forum is FUBAR lately. Hope that will resolve.
Anyway, thanks for the update. Your posts are always welcome, Duncan.
All the best. :)

That’s all we need, that trouble-maker, Duncan, coming through the door! lol (joke)

Duncan

Ohhhhhhh the banter, Joanne.

Duncan

I’m glad that you are doing well, Jane. Keep up the good work and thank you for the time/ effort you put into this forum. I very much appreciate it.

Hi, Kate, all done. I’m starving and really irritable! That was a gross experience if ever I had one. Got my patch on….. looking good! (not!). Incredibly painful. I will have to look after myself more from now on, as the doctor says it is likely caused by being lazy at night, rolling into bed and not taking off my make up properly. Tut tut.

It’s all gone a bit Scooby Doo around here hasn’t it? I think trolling is far too easy since anyone can do it and you certainly don’t have to be smart. I don’t see how IP addresses are going to help anyway, even if we knew them, because it’s unlikely they are posted using the same carrier. I use a dongle often, especially when I am out and about and my address is different most times I log on. Right now, mine says I am in London. Am I? Hope not, or I’m on the wrong train!
Thing is, all it takes is a couple of 99p sims in an unlocked phone and you can have as many different addresses as you like. It’s not about the device, as far as I know, IP’s are generated by the carrier/network.
It can also change if you use your mobile phone package at home, or if you use your home Wi Fi.

Also some networks proxy their traffic particularly when there are huge volumes of people using the service and so many people could appear to have the same address. Ugly trolls are always going to be around so long as there are decent people to exploit.
I do find it weird though, that no matter what Loser says to Joanne, she just won’t turn on him, not that I want her to, but it seems he is immune to her attacks no matter what, while the rest of us are targets simply for existing?????

Done caring anyway. If this is all people can think to do with their time, then it is really sad.
I’m going to rest my eye now. Eye’ll see you later. xx

Sounds painful – thankfully over now – rest up Jane and I agree with you, the Forum has gone completely bonkers – I can see the funny side to some of the comments .. but .it’s not a game I’d be good at playing, so if I don’t post much again, I’m sure you’ll understand why ….. I think I’ll have to wean myself off reading the comments, or unsubscribe because I do find it quite a distraction ( supposed to be getting started with some work, but new comments keep appearing, and it’s hard not to be intrigued where it is all coming from !) . I did get a lot of support and friendship when I most needed it – mainly from you Jane, and then also from few others, – Loser, John, Andy , Monica, Cheryl – and I think I have learnt a lot about the nature of the addiction and how to get strong enough to beat it …… but like a few others have said, we seem to have drifted well off this track …maybe it can come back from this …… who knows? Monica, I hope you are OK and your chest infection is on the mend. I have been thinking about you and hoping you are still OK.

There you go again Jane, you just can’t help yourself, always got to be causing trouble even from the side-line with your snide remarks about my affairs. Stop trying to stir things up for me. Your obsession with me is becoming embarrassing. You cause more conflict on this forum than any troll, not that there is one. Like I’ve asked you and your friend repeatedly before, please don’t address me or make reference to me in your posts. This is my final word on the matter. Joanne

Basically what it all boils down to is Jane is jealous of me.

When LOSER and I took up our friendship in January she couldn’t bear it and accused Loser and me of excluding her. Her over-active imagination! When I was communicating with Loser she wasn’t even in my radar. Loser and I weren’t bothering anyone. If you all recall she then threw an immature prank.

I don’t mind it when she and loser communicate. In fact, as you know, it was me that encouraged loser to become friends with her. I don’t mind who she communicates with be it NIK, Andy, whoever.

She is obviously jealous of the attention Marc is showing me because there she goes again with her over-active imagination trying to spoil our new friendship. Meddling again in my business which has absolutely nothing to do with her.

p.s. MARC, I’m fine thanks, chat soon, Joanne

Stop this f****** drama, you only feeding the troll. This site is a joke now full of spam, there might be new people who have gambling problem and it will stop them from commenting, you acting like children. Keep your posts simply life and gambling related, discuss your triggers, urges and offer help or don’t post anything at all.

Totally agree.
Let’s ignore Marc / Joanne / Anonymous or whatever they call themselves from now on and get back to the purpose of this forum.

Marc

Fine by me NIK. Don’t mention my name in anymore of your posts. Thank you.

I have also always wondered why some people on forums feel the need to put their name at the bottom of a post when we all know who they are as their name is already at the top!

Maybe it’s just a coincidence that both ‘Marc’ and ‘Joanne’ do this.

Another strange thing is that ‘Marc’ and ‘Joanne’ so often seem to appear and post on the forum around the same time.
Maybe just another inexplicable coincidence?

I wouldn’t give up the day job, NIK.!

You and Jane have obviously both graduated from the same faculty ie over-active imagination

Just to remind members to ignore the nonsesne still presently going on between people bickering over nothing. Even maybe bickering with their own multiple identities! It’s distracting I know and in an ideal world would be removed.
What also know is I am still waiting for ‘Loser’ to explain how ‘he’ knows isp addresses of members.

Marc

You think loser is fake too nik? So do I

The only thing Fake Marc are your breasts!

I think the lot of you are fake.
Certainly none of you are helping anyone else on this forum or contributing much that is on topic.
In fact I very much doubt you are even different people.
Nevertheless I suppose you are enjoying your silly game.

Really NIK?
When have you helped anyone? Prior to relapsing you were non existent on this forum only to return to promote your book! Kate just had a birthday did you wish her well? Jane is going to have a injection in her eye have you wished her well? Andy and Joanne have reached 30 days and 47 days gamble free, did you congratulate them? Andrei reached 100 day’s did you congratulate him? NOPE!

NIK you accuse me of being non genuine and now you think I will reply to your demands of wanting to know?
Why would I incriminate myself on a public forum?

Why would you indeed when without Admin priviliges you would have no way of knowing the isps of members?

It’s just a cyst Loser. It hurts though. I’ve had some injection in my eyelid and I am going in soon. The lady said it will hurt and I don’t doubt it. May not be able to see to post. Imagine that!
Getting hungry too. Stomach doing somersaults!

Loser

Ouch Jane good luck with it all…..

Hope the procedure has gone smoothly Jane… update please …. if you can . I’m looking forward to a few days away ..from tomorrow until Monday

Lots of people are obviously struggling with horrible gambling addiction. Overall, the majority of people suffering will not seek help. Shame, guilt and fear all prevent people from getting the help they need and from coming forward or opening up to a friend or relative. Eventually, it reaches breaking point and people have to face up to what is happening in their lives.
Reaching out is so very important and can help a person turn their life around. Although the majority of people don’t seek help until their addiction worsens, those who are able to reach out, find that they are not alone and can draw strength from others in the same situation.

Nevertheless, accepting the facts will help people to start to address their issues, their triggers, whatever they may be. Denial is something we all go through as compulsive gamblers and we may convince ourselves that we don’t have a problem, that everything is under control, simply because we don’t want to have to stop.
Just when you think you are back in control, something happens that can push a person back to gambling. Or you might convince yourself that you can have just a small bet, and that you will be able to accept a loss?
All the time, I told myself all these same things. Not only that I can go back to recreational gambling, but I also convinced myself that I can quit when I am losing and walk away.
No amount of winning or losing could ever make me stop. Every single time I lost, every single time I won, I couldn’t leave it alone, so the only way to go is to cut out gambling completely, once and for all and get my life well and truly back on track.

Marc tell’s us your story

Does it go a little like this………

My name is Marc (well not really) my personality is like a burnt piece of toast. I roasted all my money down at the casino. I have been scratching my head how on earth this happened? It’s now resulted in a bald spot and my wife now left me for another women! In fact not even my own dog likes me anymore! I have no friends and I wear women’s underwear. I walk around the house in them with a candle as they cut my electricity off, however I utilised a public library and accessed this site. I decided I didn’t want to be Marc anymore I was going to be the big mighty anonymous! I won $3000 recently so I went out and bought myself a bra to cheer myself up, it worked and so now I am Marc again. However I keep scratching my head which has resulted in a bigger bald spot! Joanne is a scratcher too so we are kindred spirits I feel. I can never meet her if she saw me she will think I am Mr Burns from the Simpsons so I told her I wasn’t from Scotland. I want her email address so I can show her what I look like in womens lingerie, I am getting excited I can’t wait!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Marc

Haha dry your eyes you little queen!! What’s the matter? Upset because you have blown things with Joanne? Your fault you mardy ass little fruitcake.
Go and have a sit in your two seater sports car (lol) and reflect on what a total tosspot you are . All the best hon.
Marc xxx

Marc I am tearing up from laughter, the only dancing Queen here is YOU! Sit in my sportscar? Which one? hahahahah Marc have you even been educated? I haven’t blown things up with Joanne we are still married, oh you didn’t know? You sound upset would you like some tissues? No not for your bra silly!!

Okay, I think we all need to take a step back and reflect ………………. so …………..

On Sept 3rd , a post was put up addressing me. It was addressed to me and therefore it was MY concern and nobody else’s. For some reason I thought Loser had posted it , because of the style of writing. I apologise to LOSER unreservedly for getting it wrong. Although I was shocked by the post for some reason, instinct whatever, I seemed more concerned for the person who wrote it than myself. (Maybe because as you know I have graduated with a degree which was designed to fast-track me into a career in social work so I have studied human behaviour, psychology, mental health etc etc )

For some reason, (over-active imagination/meddlesome ways or possibly a dislike of me) Jane and Kate decided to make it their business and FALSELY accused me of trolling myself. I tried to reason with them, more so Jane , but they have and several others, you know who you are , relentlessly accused me of being a LIAR, TROLL etc bordering on HARRASMENT.

I am not a liar, I am not a troll and it is MY call and NOBODY ELSE’S business how I deal with this matter.

I very much hope you will all reflect on your behaviour towards me of late.

Hello NIK,
It amazes me that for several months I have mentioned you in posts and wished you well and have never had a response from you, now that I finally get acknowledged by you, what a disappointment when you ask if I am genuine? Clearly you live in a bubble and have no idea what people (hacker’s) are capable of. That’s what happen’s with academics they have small similar circle of friends, believe everything they read in the paper and the news and cannot see the real world around them.

I’m getting very frustrated being accused of not being genuine and then accused of being anonymous, my patience is wearing thin here.

Kate HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Hope you had a marvellous day!
Jane……Your wearing no knicker’s? :)

Joanne why complain regarding negative comments, you love them even the most abusive one’s from anonymous it made you grow fonder of him remember?
I will toast you Joanne…… I will smash my glass against your forehead until you WAKE UP!

As for anonymous I couldn’t care a less what you say or do here, to me you have no imagination with your repetitive comments. Seriously if you want to be a troll come up with some better comebacks. I love how you won’t share your story with Joanne on this forum, what’s a matter scared of some feedback? Come on tell us your fake story…..

Jane what lump is on your eye?

I am on fire now so I better go…..

Anonymous

Wanting to smash a glass on Joanne’s forehead? You horrible, vile thug.

So how do you know which ISP s people are accessing from?

My advice to all those serious on here about supporting each other to give up gambling is to ignore trolling, it’s perfectly easy to do. However I would just like to make a few final comments regarding this.

Firstly, I wish this board was properly moderated and all the off topic nonsense cluttering up the board was removed and the person responsible banned, because it is simply distracting and putting some people off. Even though I find it easy to ignore some don’t, especially when the troll is trying to provoke a reaction. And even I find it a distraction from the proper business of this forum.

I believe it is very probably one person with multiple accounts, which in the forum I am best acquainted with (a far bigger, many times more populous forum than this) would get you an instant and permananent ban. As it seems they are never going to get banned, or if they do will just return with another account, all we can do is ignore them. It is the only way to deal with trolls. Reaction is what they want, do not give it to them.

I have found this forum helpful and supportive and I wouldn’t want to see it destroyed by one member.
It’s actually rather bizarre to see someone talking to themselves pretending to be different people on a public forum, but I guess that’s the internet for you.

Finally, I would just like to ask Loser how he knows these are coming from different computers? (this makes me wonder if he is actually genuine.) I have been a forum owner, admin and moderator and I am aware it’s perfectly easy to see if someone is accessing from the same computer and even same location, etc, (of course a lot of members don’t realise what an admin can see and know about them), but without such admin privileges I don’t see how an ordinary member could know this. And even then different isps will be registered, if for example a person posts from their phone rather than a computer, so it isn’t foolproof, although Admins do have other methods to rumble undesirables.

Anway, just as my advice about the bookies is to let ‘em starve, my advice about trolls is ignore, ignore, ignore, that hurts them the most.

Day 54 now and still no desire to gamble whatsoever!
Don’t partonise the bookies and ignore the trolls!

I totally agree NIK. I think it is time I took action and reported Jane for harassment. However, I am not by nature a SNITCH, I like to think I can stand up for myself. I am a very self-reliant person.

However, her behaviour( and that of her side-kicks) has been extremely disruptive to the well-being of the forum. Her relentless campaign in trying to portray me as a troll, liar etc can only be viewed as HARASSMENT. Her comments to me have been extremely vile of late and I found the football chant extremely upsetting.

I tried to reason with her on many occasions but her over-active imagination and meddlesome ways could not be reasoned with.

I shall reflect on the matter. Regards, Joanne

How about the vile comments anonymous posted to you? You want to report that or give him a cuddle?

Happy Birthday Kate! I’m sure you really enjoyed the surprise with your daughter coming home. Hope she is settling in okay. x

Thanks Jane – yes she is settling in fine – she’s started rowing again – sounds grueling, but great for fitness AND the added bonus of being the most petite person in the squad ( she is 5 ‘ 10″ !) Apparently there are a number of very tall and strong ladies in the team ….. images of Brienne of Tarth dressed in lycra spring to mind! We saw the movie about Chrisopher Robin /AA Milne last night – it is very good but incredibly sad I thought ….. bit of a post birthday downer!

Good God…. I wouldn’t mess with those ladies. They’d be able to spit me out and use me as a toothpick!

I’m sat on the train and there’s this hairy dude sat next to me. He is seriously encroaching on my personal space. I am sure he leant over and smelt me a minute ago. There is a creepy looking woman sat opposite and I swear she wasn’t there when we went through the tunnel. It’s like the twilight zone.

Can’t wait to get off. #MarilynMonroe
x

Monica, contact:

Operations at cassava dot net.

For some reason, can’t put in proper email format on this site. It’s ironic, that you can’t post help for people and such comments ‘await moderation’, but the abusive posts roll on free and easy.

Laughable.

Joanne and whoever, whatever…if this is what you want, then carry on, but when you get bored, and you need actual, real support, don’t expect the rest of us to pick you up again. You are free to post whatever you like. I won’t comment. I’ve said what I want to say and I stand by it. You have never been serious about giving up gambling. This has always been your entertainment so I will just learn to turn you off when you come on, just like I do at home when Donald Trump starts talking. #MouthDiarrhoea
I’m not getting my knickers in a twist, I don’t wear them. #TooRestricting. #BornFree

Having a lump removed from my eye today…..got to go by train and I’m not looking forward to the journey back with a patch on. I’m gonna look ridiculous. #JackSparrow #OneLumpOrTwo

Stay well everyone and sorry for any disruption. Just had to vent. Very fond of you all and want you all to do well.
Have a good day.

#hadmeinstitchesJane …… careful getting off the train – it is a bit breezy today!

forgot to add Jane ……….

I take it your diplomas were for ‘OVER-ACTIVE IMAGINATION and ……….. MEDDLING …………….. lol

I bet you got a distinction for being MEDDLESOME!

Marc

I actually spat my coffee out at that! Hahaha

Just wanted to add here is a person who abused Joanne and now she finds him likeable? This show’s you how desperate Joanne is for people to accept her, I feel sorry for her really as this is a sign of extreme low self esteem.
Why don’t we all let them be? They seem happy to communicate with each other it’s extremely obvious how this will play out…..Anonymous will recruit Joanne to make drama on the site then eventually he will turn on her again.
Ignoring negativity will eventually go away but might take a few months otherwise simple solution create private Facebook.

DAY 10 and feeling good! Andy well done your doing great!

Well done LOSER on being 10 days gamble-free! 47 days for me and it feels great. When your old buddy DUNCAN used to come on the forum and say how good it felt to be free from gambling, I used to find him bloody irritating and I wanted to seriously ‘deck’ (ie slap) him! lol lol The 2 of you always banging on about dopamine! lol I guess I still wanted to gamble back then. But I’ve now got that ‘DUNCAN’ feeling, the further behind you leave gambling, the better it feels!

DUNCAN, the only person I said something cheeky to who responded to me with a sense of humour. A typical Scot! You as well LOSER, always a lovely sense of humour!

Anyway, keep going LOSER, always rooting for you, Joanne

p.s. Hey, I need an excuse to climb that mountain!

Marc

Joanne wouldn’t even bother communicating with LOSER anymore, he obviously doesn’t give two hoots to you anymore, he’s near enough said it. Calling you desperate etc.
He doesn’t deserve your motivation or help. I hope you are feeling ok today
Marc

You little weasel……..
Nothing better to do than cause trouble eh?

Marc

Nah, just saying the truth bbbbbh

Jane your incorrect Anonymous and Joanne are coming from 2 different computer’s. Joanne be careful……….

Marc

Nothing to be careful about, leave us be please.

Johno

Joanne mad coz she was getting ignored lol what a sad little troll, making up friends aren’t we. Nothing to do in little Scotland except making stupid posts and scrounging jobseekers what a joke.

Hi John,

Please be assured I am not a troll, I am unfortunately(!) a gambling addict and I do not claim jobseeker’s allowance.

Scotland may be small but if you watch this video (lonelyplanetdotcomslashScotland) you will see it offers an intoxicating blend of stunning scenery and modern vibrant cities .

Please take note of the Hogmanay fireworks display over the magnificent Edinburgh Castle! Hopefully on 31st Dec 2017 , I will be there celebrating 128 days gamble free!

I’ll be raising a toast to my good friend LOSER, it is our anniversary (lol), LOSER was my 2016 ‘first foot’ and for that reason Hogmanay will always be special to me and of course I will be raising a glass to my new friend MARC who I am really, really looking forward to getting to know. I’m a lucky gal!

All the best to you, Joanne